Saint-Gobain's Meldin® semi-finished PI-s products are manufactured using compression molding (CM) or direct forming (DF) processes. The semi-finished parts produced using CM process have relatively higher mechanical properties due to higher level of PI-s powder compaction. In line with different requirements of the Industrial market, Saint-Gobain's Meldin® product family can provide:
• High temperature resistance intermittently up to 482°C and continuous use temperature up to 315°C
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Excellent dimensional stability at elevated temperatures
In line with different requirements of the industrial market, the PLAVIS ‘S’ product family can provide:
• A high temperature resistance with continuous operating temparature up to 350°C and a lower coefficient of thermal expansion than the traditional thermosetting polyimides.
• Wide thermal resistance, even at temperatures over 350°C the tensile strength reduction does not occur for a long period, which also facilitates wear resistance and long lasting properties
• Low coefficient of thermal expansion, lighter weight and more dimensional stability than the traditional Polyimide material
Semi finished Polyimide parts from Saint-Gobain are machined to finished parts which are then used in various applications in the
a) automotive industry: thrust washer or piston rings in transmission and pumps replacing tradional metals
b) aero space industry: jet engine parts such as pads, bumpers, seals and bearings
c) industrial machinery: thermal insulators for hot runner nozzles used for injectionn molding of thermoplastic products such as PET-preforms
d) electronic industry: semiconductor manufacturing process equipment with high purity, high resistance to solvents, oils and other chemicals while maintaining a high thermal stability and high electrical insulative properties. Meldin® 7001 grade can meet these extreme requirements and is applied in very broad applications.
The semi-finished shapes and finished parts from PLAVIS 'S' material are used in a wide range of industrial applications
a) Aerospace: Jet engine parts in engine applications, wear pads and strips, thrust washers, bushings, bearings, bumpers, linkage components and door mechanisms.
b) General industry: Seal caps, glass bottle grippers, valve components, vehicle transmission ball valves and replacing metal bearings
c) For Semiconductor & Insulators: Wafer Clamp Rings, Insulators requiring dielectric properties, Screws & Fasteners, Vacuum Pads, Alignment Pins, Wafer Guides, Wafer Carriers, insulator clamp inserts or seals and valve seats
POLYIMIDE Sheets of Saint-Gobain
Polyimide-Sheets are available at 305 x305mm width and length and with minimum thickness of 1.6mm up to maximum thickness of 50,8mm
POLYIMIDE Sheets of Daelim Co., Ltd.
Polyimide-Sheets are available at 304.8 x304.8mm width and length and with minimum thickness of 12.7mm up to maximum thickness of 62mm