High temperature resistant and flame-retardant PI-s fibers have application similar to meta-aramid, however, PI-s fiber has its own advantages:
- The long-term service temperature is 260℃ and the decomposition temperature is 560℃.
- The LOI value of PI-s fibres is 38%, it means it's none-flameble fiber
- UV resistant and radiation resistant
- Far lower damage length under fire compared aramid fiber
Polyimide fiber is applicable in many products, but it is used best in niche-applications with extreme standards for the material:
1- FR Protective clothing: e.g. military fligth clothing, flame resistand underwear, firefighter uniform etc.
2- High temperature filtration and industrial insulation: e.g. dedusting filtration for cement factories, steel or powder plants, air filtration for painting area operated at more than 300°C .
3- Composite material: taking advantage of insulation, flame retardance and high emperature resistance, chopped fiber can be used as reinforced material.
BIEGLO offers a high temperature resistant and flame-retardant PI-s fibers with the following specifications:
- Polyimide staple fiber: 0.78-6dtex- cut length 38 -76mm
- Polyimide chopped fiber: 0.78-6dtex; cut lengths up to 12mm